Motive Action, a leading provider of workplace employment education is seeking a professionally minded individual for the role of Placement Coordinator. The Placement Coordinator:
- acts to place students in work experience settings and employment opportunities in the Automotive, Auto Body, Heavy Duty and Welding industries.
- is responsible for complex communication and problem solving to maintain positive working relationships with students, staff and employer partners.
- recruits new employer hosts and maintains positive relations.
- ensures that all placement activities meet the health and safety requirements stipulated by Alberta Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) and Motive Action.
- Promotes positive and long-lasting working relationships with placement partners.
- Identifies opportunities to provide access to a greater range of placement settings.
- Maintains an up-to date understanding or Worker’s Compensation, Certificate of Recognition (COR) and Occupational Health and Safety requirements.
- Carries out employer evaluations and work site inspections to ensure program and OHS requirements are met.
- Advises students of potential placements in the mechanical fields that match their interests and are suitable given their set of skills and abilities.
- Investigates critical incidents or injuries by interviewing the student and placement host and completes the process and necessary forms.
- Provides confidential support to students to navigate placement related issues in a wide variety of different areas.
- Communicates with placement partners regarding plans for student placements (dates, student numbers, etc.).
- Negotiates, reviews and completes all agreements related to placements. Consults with the Program Director and Executive Director as needed.
- Maintains regular communication with placement contacts to ensure placement expectations and deadlines are followed throughout placement period.
- Develops and maintains database of all placement partners and relevant contact information. Ensures accurate record keeping of all placement requirements.
- Notifies students in relation to letters of agreement, confidentiality forms, certification of health and immunization, criminal records checks, vulnerable sector checks, additional organization-specific requirements, and orientation responsibilities.
- Prepares, distributes, and tracks assessment forms associated with placements and job results.
University or college education preferably in a technical, educational or social sciences-related field required
- At least 5 years of related-experience in Auto, Auto Body, Heavy Duty or Welding industries with a proven track record of successfully identifying, serving and managing clients.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated computer skills (MS Office, databases)
- Initiative, tact, diplomacy and personal relation skills required
- Ability to preserve and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to match the learning experience needs of students with employer expectations.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
- Basic security clearance and valid driver’s license.
In confidence to: Karl Herzog
or 1201 42nd Ave SE Calgary AB T2G1Z5,
Closing date July 31, 2020