If you cannot find an answer to your question here, contact us directly and our staff will be more than happy to provide you with an answer.
Am I eligible for Motive-Action training programs?
You may qualify for Motive-Action’s training programs if you are:
- Between the ages of 18 and 30
- Are currently unemployed, working temporarily or part-time, less than 20 hours per week
- Have been out of the high school system for at least one year
- Have been a Calgary area resident for at least three months
- Are entitled to work and take training in Canada.
Note: there are some exceptions to the above rules. Please call or send an email if you have any questions.
Do I need any prior work experience?
No. Prior experience in the automotive industry is not required or necessary in order to participate in the Motive-Action training program.
Do I need Grade 12 to qualify?
No. However, it is important to have the necessary qualification to enter the apprenticeship program. Please call or send an email if you have any questions.
Do I need a driver’s license?
No, you do not need one to begin the program.
For any automotive related trade, it is important to have at least a learner’s license to take full advantage of the employment opportunities at graduation. Most employers require employees have a valid driver’s license before they will hire you.
How do I begin the application process?
Contact Motive-Action's Admissions directly to request an information package or to book into one of the daily 10:00 a.m. information sessions.
What does the program cost?
The cost of the program (tuition and books) is covered by Alberta Human Services and the Government of Canada. You are required to provide steel-toed boots and coveralls. No tools are needed for the program however you will need to have some tools when you start your new job after the program.
Is there any financial support available to help pay living costs?
Yes. Programs are free to eligible applicants. Subsidies to cover living costs may be available. Currently, there are two forms of subsidy available. They are:
1) Employment Insurance – If you have an active claim you can receive your benefits to the end of your benefit period while taking the Motive-Action program. If you have paid into the EI account, have accumulated enough hours, and are currently unemployed you can apply for EI benefits. You can receive regular EI benefits if you have lost your job through no fault of your own. For more details, see the Human Resources and Social Development Canada website.
2) Alberta Works – Income Support for Learners – This form of funding is for low-income Albertans who cannot qualify for Employment Insurance. The grant funding does not have to be paid back if you meet program obligations. The amount of the grant varies depending on individual situations. For more information about your eligibility or available funding, please fill in an application or contact Motive-Action directly.
Where is Motive-Action Located?
Unit A, 1201 - 42 Avenue SE • Calgary, Alberta T2G 1Z5
How Can I Contact Motive-Action?
You can call us at (403) 287-3132 or email us here.